VOGONS

First post, by solsequium

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded the Atari game "Time Lord" as well as the current version of DosBox, but whenever I try to run that game I can't shoot, or rather, one or two shots are effective but all the following ones aren't. This ends the game quite quickly, of course 😀 I've tried all the display modes, and even started the game under Windows, but it's always the same. I have Windows XP; if you need any additional information, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 5, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sounds like a copy protection maybe ? I'll have to try it, but if it happens under Windows XP too, there's a chance it's a game problem and not something that could be fixed by Dosbox.

Reply 2 of 5, by solsequium

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply! If it's a copy protection problem as you say, how do you think I can fix that? Sorry, I'm not computer savvy when it comes to that kind of thing...I've looked at all the files, and none of them is write protected. I know this is something different from copy protection, but I thought I should mention it 😉

Reply 3 of 5, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tried the version on Home of the Underdogs and it's the same but it's definately a game thing: you can kill one monster, but not the second. Reminds me a bit of the Borg from Star Trek. It may be in the manual but HOTU didn't have it.