VOGONS

PT Boat

Topic actions

First post, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can get PT Boat (from Alliance Interactive) to run via DosBox, even get the (very poor) digital voices; but I cannot get the mouse to function in-game. My normal cursor moves around the screen and there is a game cursor frozen in the game screen.

I had a similar problem with Enoid which I cleared up by going fuill screen (though only by starting in a window then using alt+enter, if full screen was selected as a dosbox option the cursor still didn't move). This doesn't work with PT Boat however, alt-enter merely gets me a system beep and the game won't even load if I select the full screen option.

Any ideas on getting a functional in-game cursor?

System is a dinosaur: Athlon 2.4+, 512meg, XP SP2, GeForce4

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Did you look in the README-file that comes with DOSBox? There is a section of special keys to lock the mouse into the DOSBox screen. Perhaps it will do the trick for you.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the info. I didn't have a readme; the dosbox I'm using came with either RobyDosbox or DFend and has been buried on my C drive for ages (til, duri ng a housecleaning, I recently unearthed a box of old games and got sidetracked).