VOGONS

First post, by SPed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I dont really have much an idea about using DOSBox I'll admit, I tried to figure it out for myself and I've tried following a few walkthroughs about the setup of games but I cant seem to get Actua Soccer 3 going.

I used the guide by Abandonia which was great but I got the same result as without it.

I either need to install the game, the .nfo file included says:

"Run .. soccer3.exe for typical processors.
.. soccer3d.exe for AMD 3DNOW processors.

Read ereadme.txt from the directory on extract the archives to.
It contains generic last minute information from the developer."

I tried that, in DOSBox and it says "illegal command: install", I guess because there is no "install" file, just an .EXE file.

It asks for a cd though when I did get a little further. I tried to run it through DOSBox using the -t cdrom command and when I type in "D:\SOCCER3.EXE", with or without the .EXE i get the message "This program cannot be run in DOS mode". D:\ drive is also a harddrive BTW. E:\ is my DVD drive.

I'd love to play this game again, havent for years so Id appreciate anyone's help. I got my copy from http://www.squakenet.com/games/download.asp?id=2110 so if anyone could take a few minutes and try it themselves that'd be cool too.

Thanks in advance, SPed

Reply 2 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I have removed the duplicates.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 5, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You're talking about a 1999 game which uses a 3D renderer and lots of memory still working in DOS. Actua Soccer 1 was DOS - Actua Soccer 2 was already Windows only. You probably ended up with a guide to the first game, not the third.