VOGONS

First post, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Several older games which I have working under Dosbox or VDMSound are off center on the screen when played full screen, often far enough that essential info is inaccessible. I can use my monitors adjustments to remedy this but then must reset them afterwards. Is there a way to get these games to center properly on the screen?

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Specify a valid fullresolution=WxH value for your monitor, where W=Width and H=Height.

E.G. fullresolution=800x600

If you are using a TFT it could be a good idea to use its native resolution. If you are unsure, use windows desktop resolution.

To do this, edit dosbox.conf inside your DOSBox folder.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 3, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, this is an often asked question, so I suggest you read some recent threads regarding this topic.

Hint: Configuration options "fullresolution", "output" and "scaler" may help, as well as your graphics card's settings.

Reply 3 of 3, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
`Moe` wrote:

Well, this is an often asked question, so I suggest you read some recent threads regarding this topic.

Hint: Configuration options "fullresolution", "output" and "scaler" may help, as well as your graphics card's settings.

I typically run dosbox with the RobyDosbox frontend, which shows these options, but have no docs describing what these do or what are the limits (range) for their settings. Have played around with them on some games, usually with no discernable benefit.