VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Installed Mechwarrior 2 with DosBox 0.70 and I'm getting the:

"Error: MechWarrior 2 CD-Rom not found." Error Message.

Tried "mount d J:\ -usecd 1 -ioctl -t cdrom" and all variations thereof.

This happens when using a physical cd.

Game loads fine if I imgmount the .bin but of course the soundtrack is not available.

DosBox 0.70 doesn't seem to want to load the .CUE image generated by ISOBuster v2.0. I haven't tried my .CUE from my Mechwarrior 2 backup or an older version of ISOBuster yet.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Okay DosBox .CUE support is fine. It's IsoBuster that's screwy.
I've attached two .CUE files.

One created by ISOBuster v2.00 that does not work with DosBox
A custom one that works just fine with DosBox.

Attachments

• Filename
    MECH2Buster.txt
    File size
    2.46 KiB
    Downloads
    274 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    MECH2good.txt
    File size
    1.26 KiB
    Downloads
    268 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by DosFreak on 2007-03-04, 02:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Found it.

IsoBuster has track 1 as MODE2 and not MODE1. WTF.

Changed it to MODE1 and the .cue generated by ISOBuster v2.00 works fine.

Guess I'll be emailing the IsoBuster author.

Reply 3 of 11, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IsoBuster has done weird things on me in the past. That's why I am using UltraISO too. Not that it's bugfree though either. 😁

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 11, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

IsoBuster has done weird things on me in the past. That's why I am using UltraISO too. Not that it's bugfree though either. 😁

I use UltraISO too - great little program. I use it for all my games now - instead of having to dig out the CDs, I just make images and store them in one big folder. Combined with the DOSBOX Game Launcher this makes things incredibly easy and cool. Plus, images are way faster to read from too.

Reply 5 of 11, by darkgamorck

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No need for my cracked EXE files for that game anymore, eh? Ahhh well... I'm too lazy too change seeing as how I've still got the same same installation directory. I also use a cue/bin image of the mech2 CD that was generated using Alcohol 120 sometime ago. I mount that in Daemon tools and then I use the mount x x:\ -t cdrom -ioctl command to get the CD Audio in-game.

Reply 6 of 11, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

IMGMOUNT is better though. What you can do is, create a .bat file and inside it, you give the command to load the BIN image. It means you never have to do anything extra to get the game running. Daemon Tool is a bit of a bother.

Reply 7 of 11, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

oh man, i tryed the whole day to get my mw2 working. no chance... 🙁
my version is a limited edition with both mw2 and ghost bears legacy (all in german language).
i created the image of mw2 (bin, cue) with isobuster (v1.5) first. i had no problem with track 1 in this version (was already mode1).
then mounted it with:

imgmount f d:\images\mech2.cue -t img

after the installation under dosbox (v0.70 with standart config), i got the lovely "Error: MechWarrior 2 CD-Rom not found." error message again...
then i've created a new image (.ccd) with clonecd and mounted it the same way, but with the same results after installation.

the cracked .exe from darkgamorck is not combatible with my version (foreign language, v1.0) and the 1.1 patch is only for english versions of MW2.

now i try some other ISO tools, i hope this helps....

Last edited by SysGOD on 2007-03-04, 18:45. Edited 1 time in total.

sysprofile.png

Reply 8 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Why are you using F:? It should be D:
Why are you using -t img? It should be -t iso.

A CloneCD Image mounted in DosBox is the same as mounting a .ISO in DosBox. You will not be able to use the CD audio.

The only way to use CD audio when mounting an image in DosBox using IMGMOUNT is by using the .CUE file to tell DosBox where to find the audio tracks.

Reply 9 of 11, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yeah i know. using cdaudio comes second. i first want mw2 to detect its cd (or image).
i try to change the drive letter do D...

EDIT:

Why are you using -t img? It should be -t iso.

sry was a typo but i had it correct in the config.

🤣 it works!^^
damn i didnt thought its a problem for that game to locate the CD on another drive.
thx dosfreak 😉

sysprofile.png

Reply 10 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

People should try to remember what type of games they are trying to run: DOS games from an era where C was always your only hard-drive, and D was always your CD-ROM.

Keeping DOSBox configured this way will make most installers and games work straight out of the box.

It is all about KISS.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 11 of 11, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hehe i know what you mean. the weird thing is, that i played mw2 mostly with VDMS (using SAPUCDEX) before dosbox 0.70.
under winxp, my real CD drive letter is G: and it was no problem for the game to find its CD...

sysprofile.png