VOGONS

First post, by All Hail The New Flesh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, first of all I am appreciated for what you guys did, I was a former PC user turn to Mac, I've played a lot of Dos games back in the day. I am glad you guys made this emulator work for the Mac, I thought I would NEVER play Dos games ever again. Thank you

Ok, back to the subject, I am having problems with the sound for Dark Forces, theres sound at the LucasArts Logo and at the movie sequences. I mean there is no sound or music at the gameplay whats so ever. I think its mainily because that program could not find the audio files. I even tried the iMuse test, everything is intact at the iMuse test.

What should I do?

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

What should you do? Give us more information about how you mounted the virtual drives in DOSBox, how you installed it, if you made any changes to DOSBox' configuration, how you configured sound/music in Dark Forces, etc, etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 5, by All Hail The New Flesh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok, well, I just copy everything in my original DF disk, and place where all my Dos games are, I open my DosBox program and I just do the ole' "mount c: ~/blah/yourgame" routine, then I change it to the Z to C, then start the installation and then start the game, although when I start the game it did ask me where the disk is, but I already solved that problem. While the game is starting up, it start to have something like this on my screen
darkproblemdj4.png

Then I got the thinking that I am missing a whole folder of sound, but I could not find any folder that contain any of that. What should I do?

Reply 3 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try to keep it simple All. Follow the 60-seconds guide. Install from your disk (as D) onto the harddrive (as C), and see if it works that way.

Or try creating an image of the CD, and mount that using the imgmount command.

Last edited by MiniMax on 2007-03-04, 23:58. Edited 1 time in total.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 5, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You mounted the actual folder as C drive which isn't good. Dark Forces keeps track of folder names - find the config file and see if you can find what folder it's looking in, then rename the folder to that, and mount the whole folder so the result is c:/foldername and NOT c:/