VOGONS

First post, by 1gnorance

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so anyway, i have the Kings quest 6 CD. It doesn't say whether or not if its for Windows or DOS but im pretty sure its intended for DOS. so anyway, i ran the setup on the CD without using dosbox and it was able to install it... i think. i might try running the install through dosbox if i cant find a solution.

OK... so i mounted dosbox to the folder which is KQ6. Im doing this right. In the folder there is only one .exe file ... the rest are .src and im not sure if those can be run or not.... anyways, when i try to run the SCIWV.exe file... it says "this program requires Microsoft Windows" so im not sure if its the file i need to click to run the game, or if theres something wrong??

this is really frustrating so if you guys could help i would be grateful.

Reply 1 of 8, by LoneLines

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Install and run the game through dosbox, I think INSTALL.EXE is the DOS installer for Sierra applications

LoneLines list of workarounds for various games in DOSBox:
http://ADogsBox.jellofishi.com

Reply 2 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ignorance - For your information, your writing styles irritates me a lot! All this 'so anyways' is annoying. So is your lack of proper uppercasing and missing apostrophes in " im " and " its ". It is " I'm " and " it's ".

Additionally, in my part of the world, the use of " I'm " and " it's " is usually only used when quoting spoken words, not when writing letters.

You might think I am old-fashioned, but unfortunately for you, a lot of us that has a deep interest and knowledge of DOS and DOSBox are exactly that: Old, seasoned DOS-veterans that learned to write and spell properly. So why not humour me, and write in a style that does not irritate me? Then I will be much more likely to help you.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 8, by 1gnorance

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So your going to dog on me because im not sitting down and writing you a letter forcing every single aspect of it to be perfect? if you dont want to help me thats fine - it just reflects your personality in real life. And also i found an error in your message as well... it would be "fortunatley" for me, you people have a extended knowledge with dos. Not that it was ever "THAT" difficult to use anyways.

Reply 4 of 8, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think his main problem is that your laziness to spell correctly means that it's extra hard to read your post. We're not getting paid for any of this - we help people because we want to, not because we have to. And when someone needs help and writes a post that is a labyrinth of misspelled words, it's easy to get frustrated. Not only makes it hard to understand exactly what steps you took and as a result, to find the solution, it's also a sign that you can only be half bothered while we're supposed to do the work for you.

Reply 5 of 8, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well said.

1gnorance wrote:

it would be "fortunatley" for me, you people have a extended knowledge with dos. Not that it was ever "THAT" difficult to use anyways.

If this is really the case, than I guess you can figure this out all on your own and don't need any help "anyways". 😉

Reply 6 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
1gnorance wrote:

And also i found an error in your message as well...

Well, I am only human. And English is not my native language, so errors are inevitable. Which error are you referring to?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 8, by 1gnorance

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Aside from the puncuation errors in my post, i see no misspelled words of any kind. Remember, im looking for help, not to write an exam paper. I know my post has atleast 90% chance of understanding propabilitiy. I'm not being lazy, its just my style. Just because i dont put a ' between I and M doesn't mean you can't help me. Atleast that one guy gave me a tip, he is an example that not everyone here is retarded, but seem to be demanding some kind of loyalty.

Reply 8 of 8, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
1gnorance wrote:

he is an example that not everyone here is retarded, but seem to be demanding some kind of loyalty.

With your "puncuation" I would be very careful in uttering such nonsensical remarks. 😉
And "its just my style" is NO excuse for lazyness.
I could help you further with your problem but with your self-important attitude and rude behaviour I won't. Seems that at least you chose your user name well, since "Ignorance" would be the best action at this point.
Goodbye!