VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Spikey:
The Compilation CD? It's basically just the latest LSL Compilation that came out (bought it on Amazon, IIRC.) Came with DOSBox packaged with the games, but no real attempt to set DOSBox up for each game, or even setting each game up to take advantage of DOSBox's features. I just installed, copied the games to my DOSBox C folder, then uninstalled, so I could set up each game the way I wanted with a current version of DOSBox. I also ran the Setup files for each game (though I had to do some digging to find some - some of the games had them stripped out for some reason.) If you really want a pic of that CD, you can look at it:

Leasure Suit Larry Compilation on Amazon

Feeding Dragon

Reply 21 of 21, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

According to the web page mentioned at the end of this post, Sierra released EGA-only versions of the following games:

• -King's Quest V
    -Space Quest I remake
    -Space Quest IV
    -Police Quest III
    -Leisure Suit Larry I remake
    -Leisure Suit Larry V
    -Heart of China
    -Conquests of the Longbow
    -Rise of the Dragon
    -EcoQuest I
    -Mixed-Up Fairy Tales
    -and the non-adventures Castle of Dr. Brain, Jones in the Fast Lane, and Hoyle's Book of Games Vol. 3

The following webpage features comparison screenshots from the Space Quest I and IV (including the CD version):
http://home.comcast.net/~ervind/sqscreens.html
(Modem users beware: This site features a lot of pictures and will take quite some time to load.)

As one can see in the pictures the major part the EGA screens are just rendered down version from the VGA versions but in some cases, especially in Space Quest 4, there are some other differences