VOGONS

Reply 20 of 29, by Cotnw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi been trying to work Conquest of the New World deluxe from a cd using dosbox 0.72.
Ive got it to load and the combat demo works but when I try to load a game or scenario it crashes back to e: error 10: failed loading game info.

On status window it says
e:\e2.dbg exists failed to open in write mode
Please remove write-protection
(warning file creation failed listing 4 different files)

to load I used this:
mount e e:\ -cdrom
then
e:\cnwmain.exe -usecd

Any help please?

Reply 21 of 29, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can't play the game off of the CD. You have to install it onto the hard drive which means you need to:

Mount a directory to be your virtual hard drive in DosBox
Mount your CDROM
Install the game.
Configure the game
Play the game.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 23 of 29, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have got the puppy up and running much better now. It is finally playable, but I still have the old squished box problem (wrong aspect ratio). Anytime I use the FULLSCREEN mode it "letterboxes" the game. How do I put it back in the correct aspect ratio without removing the fullscreen?

Reply 24 of 29, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

It is all explained in this thread
A Little Feature Request

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 25 of 29, by diggermtrsprts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am also trying to play Conquest of the New World. I got Dosbox and the game runs just fine but there's no sound. I try to select the correct sound options but none seem to work. i also tried VDM Sound as well but that didn't work either. I'm running Windows XP.

Is there an easy way to get the sound to play? If you need any details just ask.......I'd really like to play the game with sound.

Reply 26 of 29, by diggermtrsprts

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
diggermtrsprts wrote:

I am also trying to play Conquest of the New World. I got Dosbox and the game runs just fine but there's no sound. I try to select the correct sound options but none seem to work. i also tried VDM Sound as well but that didn't work either. I'm running Windows XP.

Is there an easy way to get the sound to play? If you need any details just ask.......I'd really like to play the game with sound.

Anything?

Reply 27 of 29, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions