VOGONS

First post, by fighter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i am missing that game i have the cd i can also make it work on dosbox 0.70
but the problem is that it doesn't move smooth, is there a way to make it move smooth like in the old days with the pentium 1 166?

Reply 2 of 14, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You have to make changes in your dosbox config file: dosbox.cnfg
Like changing the core to dynamic and add more cycles like 25000 or more.
You have to read the docs in order to do it correctly.

Reply 5 of 14, by fighter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i changed the cycles from auto to 25000 in the config but it just made the game no to move when i play
maybe if i give my computer rig it will help
i have a core 2 duo e6300 running on 1.86ghz (stock)
gigabyte p965 ds3 motherboard
radeon 1900xt 512mb video card
and creative x-fi xtreme music sound card

maybe there is a number of cycles that is good for this rig
oh and could you tell me how to do in the config that the program will automatically mount drives on startup? thanks

Reply 6 of 14, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yep, you should try with CTRL+F12 to increase the cycles to the desire level. If the music or sound becomes bad you have to reduce the cycles with CTRL+F11. The auto functions are good but doesn't mean that will work allways.

Reply 7 of 14, by fighter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

there is only one problem that remains, when i increase the cycles or decrease them, for example the menu can become slow, but the fight when i play can go fast, and the demo can go very slow, or lagging sound effects
could there be a good rate that will make the game move smooth at all sections like in the past or should i give up?

Reply 10 of 14, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try this under [sdl] in your dosbox.conf:
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=original
output=surface
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
usescancodes=true
And this under [dosbox] in your dosbox.conf:
language=
machine=vga
captures=capture
memsize=16

And this under [render] in your dosbox.conf:
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=none

Reply 12 of 14, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try to change the output. Try the diffs options. And keep the dynamic core at 20000 cycles starting from there start changing inside the dosbox to test the cycles. Try with output in opengl or d3d or ddraw.

Reply 13 of 14, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here the games worked almost perfect. Without problems with velocity but in dynamic the keys becomes extrange. Sometimes you press one button and don't does nothing and after a couple of times trying if the game wants the character perform the action. In normal I get it running without keys problems but with a not really good speed.

Reply 14 of 14, by fighter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

*** Post merged with original thread ***

hi
in the past i opened a thread here about speed problems with super street fighter 2 turbo
i found that it's not the core problem but something else
it was the cd music! the game has cd music that is very cool but when it plays, the game works slowly, and if i disable it, it somehow prevents me from attacking , just moving around harmlessly
could someone tell me what can i do to make the cd music work without to slow the game? maybe it will be the same fix for rayman games and then it will rock!
maybe change the sb emulation of 220 7 1 5 to something else? i dont know
my drive is dvd burner of asus i dont renember the model but it's new and it's serial ata and not IDE, and it works perfect so it wouldn't be the problem, because that it happened on my dead cd burner too