VOGONS

First post, by Smothermunchie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys.

A coworker of mine told me today that there he owns a copy of Indiana Jones- Fate of Atlantis that plays .mp3s on his computer.

My PC CD version does not have any musical tracks on the disk and I thought I bought the best version of this game.

I did find some .mp3s for the soundtrack of this game. Is it possible to install these tracks to my folder and have them play the enhanced musical version?

Personally, I think my friend is full of crap about this.

So what's the story about what this guy is saying?

Reply 3 of 5, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The only Indy game with musical tracks is Indiana Jones 3 for the FM Towns.

As Freddo said, you could compress the speech file of Indy 4 with MP3 compression. Maybe this is what your friend is talking about - or he is just full of crap, as you suggested. 😉

Reply 4 of 5, by Smothermunchie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So such a version doesn't exist? I can't wait to beat the crap out of him the next time we work together. 😈

I'm pretty sure he said that it came on the CD, he didn't mention anything about compression as far as I can remember.

Anyway, I did find some .mp3 musical tracks for Fate of Atlantis (I forget where I found them on the internet and can't seem to find the page again).

So question, what were those all about? Were they tracks for the movie soundtrack and had nothing to do with the game itself?

Well, I really don't feel much like talking to him about this anymore. Personally I find him to be rather "creepy".

But yeah, is it possible to upgrade my CD copy of FATE with those .mp3s or is that all bunch of garbage as well.

Thanks for the responses. 😀

Reply 5 of 5, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, officially it is not possible to use MP3s. But it could be that there exist an unofficial version of ScummVM which allows the use of digital music instead of the normal MIDIS, like leileilol suggested. But I personally haven't heard about it.

The MP3s you found (if they are the same that I encountered on the net) are just some files, which some guy with a MIDI sequencer (probably a Roland MT 32) recorded from the original MIDIs.
He first tried to sell them for money but of course ran into some copyright problems with LucasArts so he offered them for free download. They are nice but some tracks are - in my opinion - badly mixed, so the improvement over the MIDIs is not that great.