VOGONS

Z HELP

Topic actions

First post, by cordless

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all.
ive got dosbox 7.0 on my pc and im trying to get Z working with it.plz help me this is my 1st time using DOS.

My PC is a DELL XPS GEN 5 with 1GB RAM 256MB Radeon x850 With soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card and windows Xp pro

many thanks 😀

Reply 2 of 10, by cordless

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes yes yes ive read all that but i sill im getting poms with getting it 2 work and i like to be told how to make it work in pain engish and not geek talk. so can anyone plz tell me as simple as pos plz.
like i said before im new to DOS.
thanks 😉

Reply 5 of 10, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would recommend a frontend like D.O.G. or DBGL.

These are a kind of Windows on top of DOSBox.

If you want to know how to work with D.O.G., then there is a Video Walkthrough on it under the information section on the D.O.G. homepage.

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 6 of 10, by cordless

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Install DOSBox
- Mount drives
- Install the game
- Setup the game
- Start the game
- Play the game
(well i did ask 4 it 🙁 )

ok ive got the game on my pc with the sound working i try and run the game it gos to the title screen but then gos back to the desktop.
also when i try and run it with DOSbox it dos not work.

so plz can anyone tell me if ive missed anything out or any help how i can get it to work ok(i know im a pain imao)
and erik can u plz tell me more about this frontend D.O.G thing.
again many many thanks 🤣

Reply 7 of 10, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well a frontend is like a Windows on top of DOSBox.

On my homepage of D.O.G. you can download it. Extract to your desktop or anything and start DOG.exe. Then you're off.

D.O.G. isn't that hard to figure out, but if in need, there is a video walkthrough on the site under the Information section. It gives you instructions on how to install Carmageddon en how to configure it using only DOSBox and D.O.G. The instructions in this video are the basic ones.

Z should be easy to install.

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc