VOGONS

The 7th Guest

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Ctrl-F4 only swaps discs when they're mounted on the same drive; and I think at least part of your problem is that you're mounting the discs on separate drive letters. Just list both images in one mount command, like in my example. I can't say for certain that using more than one drive letter won't work; because if your installer is on disc 1 then I don't have the same kind of discs.

Reply 23 of 26, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Even with my example it will ask for disc 1 to be inserted, because disc 2 is still selected after installing. But by pressing Ctrl-F4 and clicking the mouse, the game starts.

Here are my CUE sheets to compare against yours to see if anything looks different. Disc 1 has some unusual looking indexes on the audio tracks (a 00 index on track 3, and seconds > 59), but that's what CDRWIN came up with...

FILE "T7GD1.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 66:45:67
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 00 67:57:69
INDEX 01 67:59:69
FILE "T7GD2.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 10:53:15

Reply 24 of 26, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

darklord_1998,

When you try to install in DOSBox by mounting your real CD drive, does it recognize your CD or not? If it doesn't then something would be wrong with the original CD's.

Still, if it does works fine with the actual CD's, then you should try using a different software like UltraISO (in case it's only a regular data+audio CD, then try loading it in DOSBox) or Alcohol (if has any weird protection of some sort, try to load the Alcohol image in it's virtual drive, and mount that drive inside DOSBox).

Despite never having played/seen the game, I'm pretty sure it'll work out fine that way. Also, with ripsaw8080's fine example and confirmation that it does work that way, you should get it running in no time! 😀

Let us know how it goes...

Reply 25 of 26, by PointyB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe someone can help me. I have a 1997 two CD version of The 7th Guest. No matter how I mount the CD-ROM I cannot get the intro red book cd audio to work. The rest of the game plays fine, but the cd audio track won't play during the intro credits. I've tried mounting it the following ways with no success.

mount d D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

mount d D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -noioctl

mount d D:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0

mount d D:\ -t cdrom

Any suggestion? Maybe it's how I'm launching the game. I use the batch file that has "v.exe !" in it. I dunno.

Reply 26 of 26, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

There is always the -label option to try. Or try creating CUE/BIN images of the CD's.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions