VOGONS

First post, by sjjot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi , can anyone help me ?...I can get the Duke3D heading on DOSbox but I don't know what to type to get to the setup screen . Any sort of help would be useful . Thanx in advance , sjjot .

Reply 2 of 13, by sjjot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

.......why's it always the build/wolf engine people?

setup.exe

I tried this but it didn't work . When it showed this...c:\>...I typed ...setup.exe...& it went to the next line with just beeping colon & nothing else ...like this one only horizontal . Any other ideas please ?

Reply 3 of 13, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Do you have output=surface in your dosbox.conf file? If so, try anything else like overlay, ddraw or OpenGL.

[MOVED]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 13, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sjjot wrote:

I tried this but it didn't work . When it showed this...c:\>...I typed ...setup.exe...& it went to the next line with just beeping colon & nothing else ...like this one only horizontal . Any other ideas please ?

What did you mount as "C:"? "\Duke3D"?

You could always run setup in windows and just run the actual game in dosbox, but again it should work just fine if everything is in the right spot.

Reply 10 of 13, by sjjot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
sjjot wrote:

What did you mount as "C:"? "\Duke3D"?

You could always run setup in windows and just run the actual game in dosbox, but again it should work just fine if everything is in the right spot.

Ok , i found an easier way...no typing ! I found this port called eduke32 . I just put that & my duke files together & i'm running . I appreciate your help , thanx .

Reply 12 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

/me gets ready to hand out aspirins.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions