VOGONS

First post, by Mattly

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone. Very nice project here. I'm thoroughly enjoying many old games that I have not played in a decade. I recently installed my old Star Trek Judgment Rites Disc and got it to work with the sound and everything, but when I attempt to save the game, it gives me the message "Unable to Save. Disk may be full or read only. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Reply 1 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

> I recently installed my old Star Trek Judgment Rites Disc ...

Really helpful - NOT!

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 10, by Antonio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally have Star Trek Judgment Rites CD version with the actor's voices working using Dosbox, but cannot save any games. I receive error messages that the disk is full or read only. I have installed it in intrplay/trek2 on the C drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply 6 of 10, by Antonio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry about that. My Trek2 configuration file which for some reason indicates it's a Microsoft Outlook Outlook Configuration file indicates the following:

src=D:\
dst=C:\intrplay\trek2\
install=D:\
resource=D:\idata\
video=MCGA
input=MCGA
music=A002
music_io=220
sound=E000
sound_io=220
sound_irq=7
sound_dma=1
setup=0
talktype=0

My System info: Pentium D 3.00 GHZ
hard drive drive C: 228 GB
RAM: 2 GB
Windows XP Media Center

I would appreciate any help. Not sure if the problem is caused by some of my file in the intrplay directory might be read-only which should not be.

I have discovered that games can be saved if the entire C drive is mounted. Is that safe to do? I thought that might cause problems so mounting the directory and subfolders where the game is stored was the right thing to do. c Thanks for the help.

Reply 7 of 10, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I have discovered that games can be saved if the entire C drive is mounted. Is that safe to do?

No, you should not do that. Stick to one mounting of a directory for the c drive
(mount c c:\something) and the cdrom (mount d n:\ -t cdrom), then
install the game within dosbox.

Reply 8 of 10, by Antonio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, you should not do that. Stick to one mounting of a directory for the c drive (mount c c:\something) and the cdrom (mount d n:\ -t cdrom), then
install the game within dosbox.

That's what I thought, but it's very odd that the only way it will save a game if the entire C drive is mounted. If I mount another directory within the C driver *say C;/intrplay) it won't save anything and the error message is that the disk is full or is read only.

I also tried selecting all of the folders in the intrplay folder and deselcted read only within properties, but that setting does not seem to save. I have a feeling this a mounting isse, but not sure what it exactly is.

What can happen if the entire C drive is mounted?[/quote]

Reply 9 of 10, by Antonio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found the solution. Copy the entire intrplay folder and subfolders into a new folder on the c drive called Trek2
Mount c c:/trek2
c:
cd intrplay
cd trek2

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue. Games can now be saved with no trouble!
Last left is how to question is how to fix the delay in the speaking and stuttering with the speech that begins when you are arrive in the space station. I suspect a change in the CPU cycles might help. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply 10 of 10, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Copy the entire intrplay folder

Yes and if you had installed the game within dosbox as i wrote above,
it'd work right away. You need that copying stuff only because the
installation settings were different from the settings you used to run
the game.

I suspect a change in the CPU cycles might help.

Well then change them. See the readme for some information.