VOGONS

First post, by Steve_bhs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi i`m new to DOSBox and probably a bit rusty as I havent programed for a number of years. I don`t think I have to go into details about my system much as the problem is probably file or locale based. I am running Windows Vista on a fairly new machine. The problem is that I have downloaded `Frontier Elite II`, which works fine but for the fact that I am limmited to using autopilot, because I can`t seem to get the `right shift button` to decelerate, which would be a useful thing when playing a simulation. If anyone can help, it would be hugely apreciated.

Reply 2 of 8, by Miki Maus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

It would be good for you to know that abandonware isn't supported here.

Frontier: Elite II isn't abandonware, you can download shareware version from Elite Club:
http://www.eliteclub.co.uk/download/
Even tho registration fee is £5, the shareware version has no restrictions. 😀

Reply 4 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Steve - before you start FE, try the command usescancodes false.

(changed the thread title)

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 8, by Steve_bhs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😀 Thanks for the help guys. I will try your sugestions and hopefully i`ll work it out. The only other thing I forgot to mention was that I also installed the game and DOSBox on my brothers computer and it works just fine, so the problem is probably with my windows settings, which with Vista can be a bit complicated.

Reply 7 of 8, by Steve_bhs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Lime your totaly right. I actually ended up assigning a new/different key with the key mapper to get round this problem. And im seriously thinking about going back to Windows XP, although I like Vista, it just has too many bugs and issues at the moment !

Reply 8 of 8, by Lime

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Lucky you. I've got a new top-of-the-line HP laptop that lags running ScummVM just because it's "optimized for Vista", and therefore hasn't got any drivers working for XP.