VOGONS

First post, by Fjodin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Did anyone openedthis game with dosbox with sound and music. I know that not only me cant play Lost Eden with sound. Here http://games.multimedia.cx/lost-eden-redux/#comment-63021 some people are trying to play with sound too.
maybe somebody can help?
PS Sorry for my English:)

Reply 2 of 8, by Fjodin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There 2 ways to open this game.
Way 1:
a) copy all files from CD to Hard Drive
b) open EDENPRG.EXE with dowsbox

But thre is no setup in this way. You cant set up sound

Way 2:
a) Don't copy files from CD. Open INSTDOS.EXE from CD, but NOT IN DOSBOX and install game. (Why not in the Dosbox? Because in doxbox setup dont want to install, because it thinks thats you dont have enough memory on hard drive)
b) After instalation you can set up sound
c) Open Eden.bat from C:\Eden\ with Dosbox

But I dont have sound in this way either::(

Reply 6 of 8, by darkgamorck

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It will never cease to amaze me how people think that using a DOS emulator does not entail learning a bit of DOS or how to deal with DOS in a more modern streamlined environment.

Thank goodness there weren't web forums back in the days when DOS was installed on most machines, because then there would be a never ending stream of questions regarding what memory ranges were suitable for EMS UMB mapping, what an UMB was, or endless configuration nitpicking to try and get another kilobyte of base memory freed up. Oh and lets not forget the endless array of boot managers, menuing systems, DOS utilities and just the fact that you had to deal with actual floppy diskettes.

These people ought to be glad they don't have to deal with that stuff. Despite all of this however, they still refuse to browse through the readme and obtain even the basic understanding on how DOSBox has streamlined the DOS experience or even understand DOS itself.

Will wonders ever cease? God forbid this poster take the time to open readme.txt in notepad and do a search for the text "freesize". Boo Hoo.

Reply 8 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
dosraider@DOSgames wrote:

I have the CD, It's the full original CD, ISO'ed and compressed some 358 MB.
Runs fine in dosbox, lovely game indeed.
Oh yeah, it's the French version.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions