VOGONS

First post, by ladderman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello

i am using DOSbox 0.72 and i am trying to get a game working(superfrog)but i am having some problems:-

1. when i switch to full screen mode the colors are messed up(windowed colors are fine)i am using 32 color mode desktop.

2.my joystick(2 axis,4 buttons)is all wrong(the controls are mixed up)how do i correct the directions?.thank you for looking.

colin

Reply 1 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

- Do you have all your drivers up to date?
- Did you try different output=xxxx modes for DOSBox?
- Did you fiddle with the different joystick settings?
- Stupid question: Did you read the readme?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 10, by ladderman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello

yes my graphics card drivers are up to date(catalyst 7.6)

output modes,what are they?(i have only been using DOSbox for 2 days)

i have tried to different joystick keys in the mapping(alt+f1)but the character in
superfrog acts as if i am pulling down on the joystick,which i am not?

thank you

colin

Reply 3 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Change "output=" in the DosBox.conf to different values. The magical README file included with DosBox has more information on this.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

remake a lock stock dosbox.conf (rename your existing conf, start dosbox, type config -wc dosbox.conf), edit this one, look for the joystick section and try there the different settings to conquer your joystick problems.
Why recreate dosbox.conf? Since you are using dosbox for about two years, there have been changes in dosbox on what some settings are called and new settings have been added.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

oops, I could have sworn that there was written years 😀
Sorry 😀

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 9 of 10, by ladderman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello

the joystick problem has been solved.in the conf. file in the joystick subsection,timed was changed to false.and the latest catalyst driver have sorted out the graphics.thank you to everybody

colin

PS if you want come on over to http://www.worldofspectrum.org/ a site dedicated to a home computer that was popular in the 80s in the UK and preserving everything connected to it.that is my main community online

Reply 10 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

the joystick problem has been solved.in the conf. file in the joystick subsection,timed was changed to false.and the latest catalyst driver have sorted out the graphics.thank you to everybody

Great that it works now for you and thanks for reporting back! 😀