VOGONS

First post, by phantomdentist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Trying to launch my dos games from desktop shortcuts. Need to write a bat file (if its possible) to do this for each game that needs to run in dosbox

have dosbox setup so it mounts c already

I have a batch that launches dosbox

@echo off
echo cannon fodder
start C:\DOSBox-0.65\DOSBox.exe

Next I need to get this batch file to enter the following commands into dosbox (these ones are for cannon fodder)

cd cf
cf_eng.exe

so that i can place a shortcut to this batch on my desktop called cannon fodder n change the icon to cannon fodder icon. I can then make a new batch for each game, edit the cd and file to execute and create a shorcut so I can launch all my dos games in dosbox but still have them shortcutted to the desktop.

If its not possible to do this is there another way such as having lots of shortcuts to the dosbox executable with the command line containing the commands to be run (cd and the exe to run)

or even another way altogether I havent though of

Cheers

Reply 1 of 3, by bugs_bugger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can use an own dosbox.conf for each game and call dosbox with -conf configfile_for_game_xxx. This would enable an autoexec plus a specific config for each of your games. You can also call dosbox with parameter -c your_commands. This does not need diiferent config files but it is not that flexible.

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

... and it is all conveniently described in the README-file that came with DOSBox.

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)
Individualized Shortcuts for Each DosBox Game?

(and do update to 0.72)

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions