VOGONS

First post, by MAN0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all!

I finally got to play ph2 on vista with dosbox and when I swap to 2nd disc, it gives me an extension error (during the intro).

Here's what I do:

Right after it asks for 2nd CD, I unmount the 1st .iso (phantas1) with Daemon.. and mount the 2nd disc (phantas2) and then hit continue.
And about after 15secs it freezes and I get an extension error.

Am I doing something wrong??

Thx

Reply 4 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

If you want to you can certainly use Daemon Tools to mount the images, but remember that DOSBox can also mount images directly:

imgmount X "Y:\path\to\your\image1.iso" "Y:\path\to\your\image2.iso" -t iso

Again, just hit CTRL-F4 to have DOSBox access the 2nd image. And CTRL-F4 to go back to image1.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

unmount???

Reply 8 of 13, by blueangel08

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😁 This guys! This is an windows xp installer for phantasmagoria 2. I currently use it on my winxp sp3 machine. The game plays fine with this

http://rapidshare.com/files/157885816/phantas … taller.rar.html

Reply 10 of 13, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know that round here that DOSBox would be answer to all ailments (it is a DOSBox forum after all) but the op did said he was running under Vista so the installer is likely to be of use. I personally use the 'best' tool for the job and for a Windows PC running this game, I'd say it is the installer.

Reply 12 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
wd wrote:

So dosbox doesn't work under vista?

Only 95%.