VOGONS

First post, by LoCrux

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi @All,

I think, I discovered/have a Problem.
The functions keys seem not to work properly in my Applications running under DosBox.
I installed Borland Tubo Pascal 7.0 and Turbo C/C++ 3.0 using DosBox (worked great). The applications are running quite well (no compiling and debugging problems). But the Function Keys binding is a little confusing.
If I press Alt+F9 (Compile) it is OK. If I press CTRL+F9 (RUN) nothing happens. I changed de bindings in the mapper, so DosBox dosn't shut down on CTRL+F9 to LEFT CRTL+LEFT SHIFT+F9 (by the way, what effect has the 'hold' - I did not discover any...) .

Motherboard : ASUS A8N32 SLI DELUXE
Processor type and speed : OPTERON 180 2,4GHZ@3.0GHz
Amount and type of RAM: 2*1GB DUAL-CHANNEL 1T NON ECC OCZ Gamer Platinum
Video board w/ RAM amount and type: 2*Rextech GTX9600
Sound board: Creative X-Fi Gamer Extreme
Operating system: XP SP2 (eXperience TinyXP Platinum II)
APP name (and version, if applicable) : Borland Tubo Pascal 7.0 and Turbo C/C++ 3.0
EMU: DosBox v0.72

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Reply 2 of 2, by Podonok

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I`ll use this topic, because it`s relevant to my question.

"Hold" function in keymapper works strange for me. As I guessed it`s supposed to turn a pressable key into toggleable switch, so if I, say, press the "f key"once it will give me the result of holding f down.

1. within prompt pressing said f gives me fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff line that goes on until I press any other key. Then f key is not responding anyhow.

2. pressing f again while it is "pressed" does nothing. I think it would be nice for it to toggle off in that case.

3. It only works once. I have to close dosbox and start it again to have this hold effect.

Version is 0.72, using D-fend.