VOGONS

Reply 20 of 35, by bartok01

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

Since I'm not a programmer, does anyone have compiled version of the DOSBOX with the MIDI in feature? Or else, at least any good idea for a profane like me about how to do it myself? -I'd prefer the first option anyway:)-.

My best regards to you all

Reply 23 of 35, by Ray01111

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bartok01 wrote:
Basically I could resolve the OUTPUT problem but not the INPUT. Don't have MIDI IN at all in the DOSBox. I have some external co […]
Show full quote

Basically I could resolve the OUTPUT problem but not the INPUT. Don't have MIDI IN at all in the DOSBox. I have some external controllers (a MIDI and a USB) that I normally would use as "input" while recording with the SPG.

I was reading that thread with Srecko about the patch to get the midi in feature in DOSBox, and I was not able to use it properly, probably because I'm doing something wrong about the patch.

Question, did you manage to select a MIDI IN in DOSBox and make it work with SPG?

Is there any compiled EXE, or would you mind to briefly explain what to do with the patch? I'm not familiarized with developing so for me sounds near to mongolian.

Thanks again!

D.

LONG LIVE THE SPG!!

Reply 24 of 35, by Ray01111

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If You Want Run voyetra spg in dosbox everything works fine you can record and play midi music but you better looking
A sound module with back switch for pc1 pc2 or mac computer
Run With Direct serial Configuration Com1 or com4 Check your Dosbox Processor type 386 cycle 30000
Run your voyetra application same way Direct serial com1 or com4 processor type 386 cycle 30000
Bye a usb to seiral port convertor about 10.00 $
check your windows control panel find your usb to serial convertor tune it on the same com of your application Com1 or Com4
if dosbox is com4 voyetra will be com4 and your usb to serial port will be com4
I Run Voyetra on windows 7 64 bit with dosbox
By installing voyetra vinstall application you can Choose Roland Sc-7 on Com1 or com4 be carefull of what you do that is simple
about a sound module you can findRoland sc-55 Roland sc-88 set the back switch to PC2 and then the thru=thru out you can download the owner manual for more explanation
You can now Recordind with whatever keyboard you got simply connect your Keyboard midi output to input 1 of your sound module
In Voyetra Gold Application You have to hit Shift+F9 you will see midi thru status appear
hit the minus or plus key selecct Mode : Current Rechannelize:on
you can now Record without midi input
Have Some Fun With your Recording session !

I Spending maybe 1000 houres of my time to find a way Running spg
This will run with any windows just got dosbox!

Reply 25 of 35, by acband

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dbarton wrote:
I send SPG data to Ableton Live all the time. Loopbe works for the routing. […]
Show full quote

I send SPG data to Ableton Live all the time.
Loopbe works for the routing.

The hardware is needed if you have external synths.

SPG allows a MIDI metronome signal to be sent instead of the speaker beep. Look at your metronome settings.

dbarton,

May I ask how do you route SPG to Ableton in Dosbox? are you able to use SPG 8 MIDI OUT PORTs for separate MIDI instruments? I'm new with DOSbox, I had been using Voyetra since the late 80th, my old 386 PC finally die, I'm searching for altenative currently.

Does anyone know 0.74 include MIDI IN Option? I prefer using DOS instead of re-route by Win3.1 from some other thread I read.

Thanks

Reply 27 of 35, by dbarton

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ray01111 wrote:
r sound module In Voyetra Gold Application You have to hit Shift+F9 you will see midi thru status appear hit the minus or plus […]
Show full quote

r sound module
In Voyetra Gold Application You have to hit Shift+F9 you will see midi thru status appear
hit the minus or plus key selecct Mode : Current Rechannelize:on
you can now Record without midi input
!

Ray,
Are you able to record MIDI in to SPG with ths method? I though new DOSBOX has no MIDI in.

Reply 28 of 35, by acband

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dbarton wrote:

I don't really understand what you are asking about routing. I use Loopbe. What is 'SPG 8 MIDI OUT PORT'?

Voyetra SPG allows each track to assign upto 8 different port if your MIDI interface had 8 output, each port can assign upto 16 channels.

I have hard time configure the DOSBOX 0.74 to work with SPG and I try to find a 0.72 CVS version with no luck either, I saw that Srecko had post a already installed the 0.72 version in the other thread, but there is only 4 files (DOSBOX.exe, pdcurse.dll, sdl.dll and SDL_net.dll) in the zip, there isn't "DOSBox 0.72 Options.bat" for me to modify, am I missing something? can you post a 0.72 CVS version or email me a copy?

BTW, I can run SPG perfectly in 0.74, if I use the internal sound card.

Thanks
Chung

Reply 29 of 35, by dbarton

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't see how multipl4e ports could work with DOSbox. You are limited to 16ch's, 1 port.
.74 is ok, but no MIDI *input*.

If it's' sending midi to internal sound card ok, it's working. Now change the MIDI out setting in Windows, not Dosbox.

Reply 30 of 35, by andrewls

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi friends,
I am looking for an older version of VAPIMPU.COM (a Voyetra DOS midi driver) that seems to be more compatible than later VAPIMPU.COM files. Can anybody share it with me?
I am trying to get Voyetra Sequencer plus running on AudioPCI SB16 emulation, as opposed to just relying on ISA cards (which seem to work everytime).
Also if anyone wants to help me build a Voyetra Sequencer resource please check out voyetrasequencer.wordpress.com, unless there is already a major thread on here with heaps of info?
Thanks

Reply 31 of 35, by Pinch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I'm trying to install and run Voyetra SP Gold using DOSbox but the installation (emulated installation) keeps failing. This is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone can send me an installed version of SPG. Thank you!

Reply 32 of 35, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
andrewls wrote:
Hi friends, I am looking for an older version of VAPIMPU.COM (a Voyetra DOS midi driver) that seems to be more compatible than l […]
Show full quote

Hi friends,
I am looking for an older version of VAPIMPU.COM (a Voyetra DOS midi driver) that seems to be more compatible than later VAPIMPU.COM files. Can anybody share it with me?
I am trying to get Voyetra Sequencer plus running on AudioPCI SB16 emulation, as opposed to just relying on ISA cards (which seem to work everytime).
Also if anyone wants to help me build a Voyetra Sequencer resource please check out voyetrasequencer.wordpress.com, unless there is already a major thread on here with heaps of info?
Thanks

i dont see why you would need an earlier version of VAPIMPU.COM - are u sure u dont mean a LATER version?
also, u are using the wrong file.. vapimpu is only for true roland "intelligent" interfaces that actually emulate (with hardware) a real mpu-401.. there is another VAPI driver file for the SB16.. and by the sound of it.. u are saying "AudioPCI"? this is an ENSONIQ brand PCI card.. when the SB16 drivers are written for ISA... lots of unanswered variables here 😉 🤣 also.. the vapi engine driver was new with SPG v4.0 . having not previously existed before that in v3 (Sequencer Plus Mark III) all of this is remarked in an official text file statement that was posted to newsgroups originally taken from a BBS system around November 1990.

re:collborating to build a resporce : i tried to leave you a message on your blog comments but it didnt post for some reason!
i will try to PM you here.. hopefully u get some type of notification.

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 34 of 35, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
collector wrote:

Why are you replying to such an old post?

eh, this isn't the worst he's ever done.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 35 of 35, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just odd that he would be replying to someone that has not been here in over a year.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers