VOGONS

First post, by old bubba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game installed ok, sound tests ok, joystick calibrates, and I can even fill in the "Enlistment" page. Click enter to proceed and I have the air view of the hangar area with music. That's as far as it gets. The game never proceeds and there is no stutter to the sound or graphics.
I did set the core=normal and ems= false as recommended in another thread here. Anything else I might try?
Using DOSbox 0.72 in Vista Ultimate (works great with other games btw)

Reply 1 of 2, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You may want to try a CVSbuild for this game since it fixes the dynamic core crashbug. Still requires ems=false here, but the game seems to work fine then.

Reply 2 of 2, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Apart from using normal core and no EMS, you may need to edit the file WC.CFG, so the last section looks like this one:

#Each treefile must appear on a line with an = sign @C:\WINGS\flighthd.tre @C:\WINGS\flightcd.tre =C:\WINGS\wogdata1.tre =C:\WIN […]
Show full quote

#Each treefile must appear on a line with an = sign
@C:\WINGS\flighthd.tre
@C:\WINGS\flightcd.tre
=C:\WINGS\wogdata1.tre
=C:\WINGS\wogdata2.tre
=C:\WINGS\wogdata3.tre

This implies all those TRE files need to be on your game folder. Some of them are installed by default, and others need to be copied from the CD-ROM.

Also note that for this to work, the game needs to find those files at C:\WINGS, you need to mount the game folder accordingly.

Using this settings, the game works fine here.