VOGONS

First post, by KoiMaxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been wanting to play Armored Fist 2 for the longest time since my old Pentium MMX of long ago. There was no problem getting the setup to run on DOSBox, except when I finally load a mission the game is so slow and choppy as compared to what I remember on my old rig on native DOS.

Ive already tried fiddling with the number of emulated instructions per second (tried up to around 60000 at automatic core, anything above and it would just slowing down) but Im wondering how I could increase the framerate preferably without using frame skipping coz i think that would further ruin the playability.

I'm using DOSBox 0.72 on Win XP SP3 Core Duo T2300 1.66GHz 1GB RAM

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply 1 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try core=dynamic

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 3, by KoiMaxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks... i forgot to mention ive also tried changing between core settings as well, with no visible improvement.

by some chance would the video card have any effect on the performance? my system is just a laptop with an Intel GMA 950 video proc...

thanks again

Reply 3 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

The output=.... method in DOSBox can have some effect, as can your video driver. But DOSBox (I think) only do simple 2D graphics operations, so any video card should be able to cope. Try different output methods, it might work ... or not.

And don't run any of the fancy scalers.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions