VOGONS

First post, by Peterg1234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Running Acer 1.8Ghz Celeron XP SP2 with 256 Mb RAM, SIS651 Video Card. When I run Warlords II comes up with "Out of Memory at 0; Conv: 37176; MaxBlock: 37176; Lock: 0; Bad Handle" error. I know 37176 is DOS MaxInt but I can't see the relevance. Can anyone help? ps. Used to run fine on a P3 300Mhz running XP SP2, so I assume it's the video card.

Last edited by Peterg1234 on 2008-12-20, 11:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 16, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

read the 60 seconds to dosbox guide in the DOSBox guides forum (just below this one)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 16, by Peterg1234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Read that. Tried setting memory to 64 kb using loadfix. Allocated 64 kb but still same error as above. I don't THINK I'm stupid and I used to write databases but OS's have never been my forte. And 37176 is not maxint. A little (emphasised) bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Reply 7 of 16, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Do this:

In Windows Explorer, create a C:\DOS-games folder.

Move your current C:\warlord2 into the DOS-games folder, so you get C:\DOS-games\warlord2.

In DOSBox, mount C:\DOS-games.
In DOSBox, do a cd warlord2

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 11 of 16, by Peterg1234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have sound turned off. If I use the standard "War2" batch file, it will load the title screen and scroll through the credits, but if I hit a key (like the space key to fast forward) or the credits finish, then "Out of mem....".

I have just bought War2 deluxe from SSG. Would I have more chance of getting this to run? If so, I might stop annoying you until I see how it goes.