VOGONS

First post, by Burlor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can somebody please help me? I got it installed just fine, but when I go to start it up it just says to put in disk one like it can't read it. Anyone else encountered this?

I have lost the game. People who have lost the game by reading and understanding this: 0

Reply 2 of 11, by Burlor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have it automatically mouning to the C dirve when I start DOSBox to a folder specifically for it. I get it to open the 7th guest but it just pulls up the "Insert Disk One" screen. In case it matters, I'm running this on XP. I saw somewhere else that someone had the same problem but fixed it by messing with the "Groovie.ini," but he did not explain and the post was more than a year ago, so I do not expect a reply.

I have lost the game. People who have lost the game by reading and understanding this: 0

Reply 3 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

Reading the aptly named README file will be a good idea too.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 11, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I suppose that the C drive is your Hard Disk drive.If it is like that, then what about your CD-ROM drive?Mounting only your HD drive is not enough.By the way, do you use any frontend such as D-Fend reloaded? It would make your life much more easier.

Reply 5 of 11, by Burlor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I read your 60 second guide, and mounted my CD drive as D, even uninstalled and re-installed it, and I pretty much left everything where it was recommended. The video card was where it was recommended and the two sound options were Soundblaster 2 pro. I just installed it straight from my DOSBox. I put in the Cd and typed install after changing to D drive. I followed all of the steps. Also, I have no idea what a "D-Fend reloaded" is. Sorry.

Reply 7 of 11, by Sheriff Hobbes

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's strange, I got 7th Guest running just fine in DOSBox 0.72. Mounted the CD as ISO (like always). Maybe you try that out?

The animations in the game are a little flickering. I need to run it on real DOS again to check out if it's a DOSBox issue.

Marriage is a three ring circus:
-engagement ring
-wedding ring
-suffering

H. L. Mencken

Reply 11 of 11, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

He is talking about ScummVM which supports several Point&Click adventure games, including 7th Guest. No need to mess up with DOSBox to play this game then.

If a game is supported by ScummVM, just copy all the game files onto one folder of your hard disk and add this folder to the ScummVM games list.

Klimawandel.