VOGONS

First post, by CosmoJoe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings! Ok, this might sound a bit weird, but I'm curious if anyone with a Roland LAPC-I or CM-32L can confirm if the "Woodtick" music (the starting town with all the wrecked ships) sounds like this:
http://www.scummbar.com/mi2/MI2-CD1/04%20-%20Woodtick.mp3

When I play with a CM-500, it sounds different... you don't have the "voice chorus" sound in the Woodtick music. I thought the CM-500 contained the same hardware as LAPC-I/CM-32L?

Thanks in advance!

Reply 2 of 5, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The first recording sounds very wrong, the second recording is correct.

Do you have your CM-500's switch set to the B position? Also, the module needs to be reset before playing MI2 if you have played any other game that used the CM-500.

Reply 3 of 5, by CosmoJoe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Ripa and Hierophant,

www.scummbar.com/mi2/MI2-CD1/04%...odtick.mp3
is exactly how I remember it on my LAPC-I, i386 from like 20 years ago 🤣 and its also from the "MI2 soundtrack" CD

On my CM-500 it sounds exactly like Ripa's. Is that 'chorus' sound something that would have to be loaded into the MT-32 memory banks? If so, when I played MI2 many many years ago did I possibly have a version with different Roland sound files?

This is one of those "its so trivial" things, but the kind of trivial where it bugs you a little 😖