Phantasmagoria installation problem

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by arablizzard2413

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

But Phantasmagoria is what you can't read on anything, not KQ7

I'm not the OP, I was only pointing out that there are other reasons (besides being a Mac disc) for the disc to be unreadable without the disc being damaged.

collector wrote:

If it is really a DOS/Win95 version and the CDs are not damaged, then there is something going on with with your hardware or perhaps drivers. Have you recently installed some DRM infested game that might have installed StarForce or SecurROM?

Fresh installs of both XP and Vista.

Reply 21 of 22, by teamrival

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I had a chance to try the discs on my friend's mac, and sure enough, they worked. I then just decided to download the disc images, since I was not able to return the game from where I bought it.

Collector, I used your installer, which was great, but I have a question about it. When I play the game, sometimes I get crackling, distorted sound. I discovered a 1.1 patch, but I'm not sure if that was already included in your installer.

Reply 22 of 22, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's included. You can play around with different audio settings by running INSTALL.EXE in DOSBox.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers