VOGONS

First post, by Mutough

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So after going through hell and back, I obtained a copy of Ripper and got it to run on DOSBox 0.72. The game runs very well, some slowdown, some sound cracking, nothing I'm worried about, but there's a problem. On act one, when I try to activate one of the puzzles (the Rolling Ball puzzle to be exact) the game crashes and I get this error saying something along the lines of "TBLINI0.ini not found in library Script.pl." I had run into a similar issue when trying to get into the Cafe DuChamps, and the way that was fixed was by doing other things and making sure that there wasn't anything left to do before going into the Cafe. So I'm doing all this, and I only have one thing that I can think of left: The boss battle. (I had watched some of an LP that did the boss battle before some of the other quests.) Lo and behold, I get a similar error, saying that this time "Mechini0.ini" wasn't found. Now, I'm stuck. Anyone know the cause of this and what I can do to remedy it?

Reply 4 of 8, by Mutough

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Post details how you installed it, exact mountings etc.

I just put in the cd, boot-up DOSBox, and ran the install. After that, I did my whole setup, finding out my sound settings and everything.

Commands
mount c c:\oldgames
mount e e:\ -t cdrom
c:
cd vesa
univbe (which works)
cd ripper
ripper

Other than the crashing, the game runs perfectly.

Also, I did in fact consider going through the paces to run it on XP, but it doesn't work. It screws up my computer and I have to reboot. It doesn't even start. DOSBox is my one option.

Reply 6 of 8, by Mutough

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh, right. I forgot about that. I'll see if patching it will work.

EDIT: Huh. I could have sworn I patched them. But I'm not complaining, it works now. Thanks for making me think of that.

Last edited by Mutough on 2009-07-17, 23:07. Edited 1 time in total.