VOGONS

First post, by morsel9

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded the latest version of dosbox, then downloaded the freeware version of daggerfall recently made available by Bethesda. isntalled daggerfall, changed the mem size to 32 from 16. in the auto exec commands i set it to :

@echo off (no idea what that did.)

and got it to mount my c drive where the df is.

problem is when i execute the install command, it freezes up and closes.

anyone had any success getting daggerfall to play on their mac in dosbox?

any help would be appreciated.

Reply 2 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

you should follow the instructions provided by bethesda. They aren't that different for the mac.
I think the creator of Boxer (a dosbox frontend) create some tutorial as well on his site specificly for macs.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 4, by morsel9

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm... i didnt mount the dfcd folder as a d: drive last time, tried it this time, same result, both when i tried using the bethesda installation, and the tips for installing it from the UESP wiki site (elder scrolls wiki). both times, froze when i executed the install command.

also tried setting the core to normal without success. i will have to check out the boxer tutorial.
definitely got the commands for mounting the D drive right as per the bethesda tutorial, gotta go back and check my auto exec commands.

seems like a lot of work to play the game though!

Reply 4 of 4, by Vigil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Indeed I did! The tutorial is here and covers everything from start to finish, starting with downloads for Boxer and Daggerfall.

(I should note that this depends on a beta version of Boxer, which hasn't been tested on OS X 10.4 yet; if you have any problems with it, please get in touch with me directly and I'll help as quickly as I can.)