VOGONS

ArchimedeanDynasty crashes since CVS-Build 2009-06-14

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Flint Eastwood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I try to load a mission the loading-screen with the briefing comes up but the background image is missing. When loading is completed then dosbox crashes with the error:

Exit to error: SB: 16bit irq pending

With Build 2009-06-13 everything is still ok but since Build 2009-06-14 I get this crash. This bug affects all later builds and Gulikoza's CVS-Build 2009-07-04 too.
I didn't change the configs between the builds so all settings were the same. And I get this crash on a different PC too.

I'm using the german Schleichfahrt v1.120.

i7 870 + Zotac 470GTX AMP! + 12GB RAM + Win7 64Bit

Reply 4 of 18, by Flint Eastwood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is true, Gulikoza. 😉
But it doesn't change the point that AD/SF is crashing at the loading-screen. 🙁 😢
Your Build lets the game show some more stuff(debug-stuff).
I post this cw.err file too, in case it could help you to solve this problem.

Attachments

• ArchDynastyCrash.jpg
    Filename
    ArchDynastyCrash.jpg
    File size
    91.2 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    CW_ERR.txt
    File size
    9.56 KiB
    Downloads
    193 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

i7 870 + Zotac 470GTX AMP! + 12GB RAM + Win7 64Bit

Reply 13 of 18, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is tedious, and i don't understand why wd is acting so hostile towards comments about this issue. I have probs with several games and sb16 in 0.73, but i'm not 100% positive if they've worked in previous versions with sb16, thus i didn't report anything yet. The workaround of selecting sbpro in the game setup usually works, so i didn't give this much thought (i can't see the benefit of sb16 over sbpro in DOSBox anyway). What is the meaning of "this is intentional"? Just saying this sounds a bit like a change has been made to DOSBox to deliberatly break games, or the sb16 emulation. Of course i know this is probably not the case. A bit of explanation would be most welcome.

Reply 15 of 18, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

such changes are always to get information about broken games. So we like the fact that games are broken and will probably undo the change once we have enough games that are broken.

For the record. It is a CVS build you are using. We every now and then make changes to CVS to test things.. This is one of them.

No need to get all we "found a big bug and fix it now!"
Maybe the error should be changed to

"irq pending. Please report this game in the forum for further inspection."

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 17 of 18, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Aaaah, now i understand the meaning of "intentional", thanks (; . Gulikoza's explanation is spot on - from my experience, a DOSBox CVS version fixes a number of things without breaking anything (noticeable). You guys are just too good for us simple users (; .