VOGONS

First post, by Inuya5ha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I've installed DosBox on my Motorola Z6 and Windows 95 on it, but I'm desperately needing to lower the screen resolution to 320x240 pixels which is the phone's display size.

I'm using the svga_s3 machine mode in dosbox but in Windows I'm not using the S3 driver because it screws up the graphics. I'd appreciate if someone explains how to lower the resolution, I've tried manually settings 320x240 on the resolution value at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Config > 0001 > Display > Settings but this didn't work at all. Maybe because I'm using the default VGA graphics adapter driver?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Reply 2 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think you can force it lower via the display modes list in the display properties menu, but it won't work well at all because all of the OS and applications are designed for 640x480 or higher.

Reply 3 of 4, by Inuya5ha

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I currently don't have the "List all modes..." button to select any of the available video modes, mayber because in Windows 95 that button didn't exist OR because my Windows is using the default VGA adapter instead of the S3 driver.

I already got the S3 driver file, but how do I copy this file to the virtual machine?? I can't seem to mount any D: drive, I have this in my conf file now:

imgmount 0 c:\dosbox\boot.ima -t floppy -fs none
imgmount c c:\dosbox\disk.img -size 512,63,16,609 -fs fat
imgmount d c:\images\win95bes.iso -fs iso
boot -l c

As you can see I'm mounting the win95 ISO as drive D, and the MS-DOS diskette as A. However when Windows starts, drive D does not exists (yet drive A is still there)

I also enabled IPX=true and added the IPX protocolol in Windows, but I'm not sure if the network will work between the emulated Windows and my real Windows XP. Please tell me if this is correct.