VOGONS

First post, by PointyB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure what's going on with this game. I install the game normally off of the CD into the default C:\F2B directory (C: is a mount of C:\Games. The CD is mounted as D: ) The game appears to install fine. When I run the game, it automatically takes me to the first playable part. It completly bypasses any cinematic movie when the game starts. I also cannot play the movies from the in game menu.

I researched a little bit and heard that the game detects the CD-ROM speed incorrectly, but I haven't seen any indication of where the CD-ROM speed is being checked or how to fix it. Could this be it?

Reply 2 of 4, by PointyB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, what am I missing here? In my F2B directory I see a F2B.BAT file. I used the -2 switch and it seemed to have accepted it (if I use a -1 or -3 it complains about it being invalid). The same problem persists though. The cinematics do not play. Thanks for the reply.

Reply 3 of 4, by PointyB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I figured it out. It was so simple! I noticed the CD-ROM was being mounted with -usecd 0 -noioctl in the .conf file I had made for the game. This was a copy of another .conf file for another game where those perameters were needed. I removed them and the videos played perfectly... with the -2 switch 😉

Thanks for your help!