VOGONS

First post, by AlphaWhelp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I searched but I didn't see any topics about this issue. The program Windows 3.1 itself works, I can use keyboard commands to navigate it and such but I can't use the mouse. Any pointers?

Reply 2 of 4, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You might want to try to running setup.exe in dosbox from the directory that win 3.1 is installed in and check on the mouse option.
It's possible that the mouse driver wasn't enabled, or that it's set to the wrong choice, and is ignoring the mouse altogether.

Reply 3 of 4, by Svenne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I remembered that I had to change the mouse type several times before I got it working.

Intel C2D 2.8 GHz @ 3.0 GHz | ASUS P5KPL | ASUS GTS250 1 GB | 4GB DDR2-800 | 500 GB SATA | Win 7 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10

Reply 4 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

From my guide: Windows 3.1x DOSBox Guide

- When you choose the Tseng drivers when you install Windows, the mouse pointer might not be visible. To fix this go back to the DOSBox prompt, change dir to the Windows directory ("cd windows") , run setup again and then choose the VGA or SVGA drivers that come with Windows 3.1x. Start Windows again (your mouse pointer should be visible now) and then run setup from inside Windows to choose the Tseng drivers.

Even though I mentioned Tseng drivers, this might also be an issue for other dirvers. Please try that and report back.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper