VOGONS

Reply 20 of 33, by Contextkoen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I runb Windows 7 and DosBox 0.73 but 7th guest won't install. If I type install from the (mounted) image drive I het the message in dosbox that cd # can't be found. However, the install file is launched from cd 2.

If I type t7g The game starts, and I get music and so on, and the game message please insert disc one. I replace disc 2 with an image of disc one, and press ctrtl F4 and click on the screen, next screen I get Is just a black dos scfreen with a blinking cursor. The -noioctl did not make any difference.

Any help please?

Reply 23 of 33, by rdeniseq

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nothing is working for me either...after the disc change I can click once and then the mouse disappears once the Start New or Load screen comes up....I've tried everything that was listed.... =( What am I doing wrong?!

Reply 24 of 33, by Contextkoen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally got it working, run the tg7w32 filen in the extraction pad of 7th bguest, and it will run. For full screen you have to set the properties of that file to 400x640 resolution with 256 colours.

The only thing that is still bad are the colours, It looks really distorted and stuff on fullscreen, on smaal screen no problems with it.

Reply 26 of 33, by rdeniseq

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried using the T7GWIN patch that I found online and extracted it in the file directory that I created on my c:\ drive...i can click on the v32tng.exe file and it will cause the game to start. I can click on Start New....and the credits start playing but it freezes after about 10 seconds of playing. The credits stop...the music continues on until the end and then when I click on the screen it says that it isn't responding. I've tried waiting it out to see if it would catch up with itself but it doesn't. I also tried changing the compatibility mode...that doesn't keep it from freezing up either. This is so frustrating!! 🙁

Reply 27 of 33, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

what is your dosbox version and where have you got it from?
what is your Operating System?
what are your PC specifications?
post your exact mountings
post what is written after you mounted
post content of "DOSBox Status Window"
enclose your dosbox's config file

Reply 29 of 33, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You have to run the windows patch in windows 95 compatibility mode! This is what i did in Windows XP and it runs perfectly. It should work with Windows Vista too.

I did it this way:

1) Installed the game with DOSBox
2) Copied the patch in the installed game folder
3) set the patch in Windows 95 compatibility mode
4) Double clicked the patch
5) Played the game.

Reply 32 of 33, by kalirion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed T7G recently and while it ran in DosBox, there was a lot of flickering on the screen during movement. Tried different output options, but nothing helped. Ended up playing through ScummVM.