VOGONS

doom wads

Topic actions

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have been using the shareware version of doom 1 version 1.9 but I can't seem to figure out how to load custom wads. I can play the regular wad it came with but I can't play other wads.

Reply 4 of 5, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you. I tried your advice with doom shareware version 0.99 because it was still not working with doom 1 version 1.9 and freedoom. I'm trying to boot up the wads from the alpha versions onto doom release version just to see how well it would work and I got a weird text message for the first alpha mod.
It's in big text mode graphics and I think it says agahdinoso but the lettering is a little bad so I can't tell.

Reply 5 of 5, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
abyss wrote:

Thank you. I tried your advice with doom shareware version 0.99 because it was still not working with doom 1 version 1.9 and freedoom. I'm trying to boot up the wads from the alpha versions onto doom release version just to see how well it would work and I got a weird text message for the first alpha mod.
It's in big text mode graphics and I think it says agahdinoso but the lettering is a little bad so I can't tell.

The Doom alphas used an old and incompatible variant of the WAD format, and there are several differences in the graphics formats as well, so this is pretty much impossible.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png