VOGONS

First post, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have purchased a new graphic card in Radeon HD 5770
obviosly it differ in some way from previous "Radeon 4850 HD" in handling the deafult resolution for dosgames while aceepting my bigger desktop resolution in windows

Its in NHL 96 i see the new problem, it no longer accept to Alt+Enter to fullscreen, but it behaves like it believes it succeded to get into fullscreen as usual, while the relaity is windows mode
I have not changed my desktop resolution from previous card to the new one, and it is 1680X1050

(Infact it accepted the catalyst version from "Radeon 4850 HD" to adopt by Radeon HD 5770, however i removed that catalyst later, with the new catalyst installed i can conclude that ati uninstaller does not nessesesarly remove previous settings unless you manually erase somee keys i dont know of what theu are, i wonder if that could have something to do with why i cant enter fullscreen today? that it believes the same desktop!! 😅 resolution must be cleared of old catalyst connecting regkeys in some advanced way?)

Can you seee any solution in my config file? and the reality it brings
alt+enter
4a74fc80648030.gif
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=original
output=opengl
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
usescancodes=true

I think i prefere this old fashion alt+enter way with same settings above
4618f380650116.gif

All i know about resolutions is that the value of "X1050" shall normaly be enough to stretch out between the both screencorners in NHL96 atleast!!
infact i start to suspect 😅 X1050 is the longest resolution anyone can apply that way

this below is how it goes when im on my own trying to manualy add a resolution inside the dosbox config file, i dont want you to laugh so i prefer to not mention my test __X__ value 😁 😵
54d16780648593.gif

Reply 1 of 4, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could try "ddraw" output, and maybe play around with the "fullresolution" setting. I'm not quite sure but i think "0x0" is the correct parameter for the game's native res.

Reply 2 of 4, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm...0X0 was invalid, but after simply rewriting the "original" to fullresolution & windowresolution..its started to work and i didnt even restart the computer, basicly i will never know what really solved it though

case closed any how, thanks