VOGONS

First post, by Pretzel77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, and thanks for reading, I am kinda new to this emulation stuff, and am wanting\trying to play the original lemmings game again, i've got the game, a couple of versions apparantly, and also dosbox 7.2, and just now, tried 7.4. I can mount the directory fine, and start the game with vgalemmi.exe, but as soon as a level starts, and I touch the mouse, it scrolls to the left of screen, and stays there regardless, I can unlock it doing the ctrl-F10, but this doesn't help with using the mouse for gameplay, i've done some searching, and can't really find an answer for this?, oh, i'm on vista btw...

Reply 2 of 4, by TomJeffersonJones

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Pretzel77 wrote:

Hi, and thanks for reading, I am kinda new to this emulation stuff, and am wanting\trying to play the original lemmings game again, i've got the game, a couple of versions apparantly, and also dosbox 7.2, and just now, tried 7.4. I can mount the directory fine, and start the game with vgalemmi.exe, but as soon as a level starts, and I touch the mouse, it scrolls to the left of screen, and stays there regardless, I can unlock it doing the ctrl-F10, but this doesn't help with using the mouse for gameplay, i've done some searching, and can't really find an answer for this?, oh, i'm on vista btw...

Does this version of Lemmings have joystick support? If so, do you have a controller/stick of some kind plugged into your PC? If so, maybe you need to run the game's calibration routine, disable the stick in the game's options/installer, or shut down dosbox's joystick emulation.

Reply 4 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I remember the original Lemmings was run from a batch file with configuration parameters after you set up the game.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)