VOGONS

First post, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im having issues with Zipped.Motion.Block.Video.v0.1 and Sony Vegas now,
i cant longer get any picture in the preview player when adding a dosbox capture to the timeline, i only get the audio line added

i wanna know what this "modified avi format" demands from FFdshow in thermes of settings?
what i have seen is that no combination i have tested have worked so far atleast, i have tested to just have xvid installed, just divx, matroska pack, then either k-lite mega codec pack, KP codec pack, and ffdshow
....note im using the deafult install settings on all this codecs and packs
deafult settings i have always used and that was enough earlier for Vegas to thread dosbox captures like a standard avi and preview them,
thats not the case any longer for some reason

and yes, Zipped.Motion.Block.Video.v0.1 codec are installed
i have tested to update Vegas from 9c to 9e but it doesn't solve anything

note that my captures play in all my media players, its just Vegas that have started to refuse, i wouldnt drive this line if this hade not worked before, and i see a to big possibility with game captures to use inside Vegas to accept that i shall forget about it

Reply 2 of 7, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Maybe check if vegas is 64bit, dunno if that could be a problem.
Can you open any playback the avi in 32bit and/or 64bit virtualdub?

"vegaspro90e_32bit" nope it isn't

yeah i can actually get picture in virtualddub32 with my captures, i don't know if that opens something up? cause im not looking so forward to sit and copy "direct stream" back to hard-drive through Virtual dub, my captures are so many and so short one that i need to get the directly working in Vegas

pretty interesting that it can play in virtual dub when i in fact at the moment have no codecs installed, but codec sniper off course indicate that i still have allot of old codecs left with the "status OK"

it would be interested to know if a new installation of windows XP really look like this in codec sniper
kissaef9.JPG
even if thei are "ok" and have no visible configuration tool..perhaps thei still can occupy the precedence-order of using certain file formats?
and my with purpose installed codecs pack doesn't reach those formats, and that makes Vegas confused? just a theory ..im not expert at this 😜
It would be fun to just perform head shots on all codecs installed? no matter if thei are ok, and just start from windows scratch, but i dont know what codecs are windows scratch, so i would probably make a unplayable mess if i empty the codec listing for this computer, right? 😢

here's how the time-line blackouts
navelsk_da87f.JPG

Reply 4 of 7, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

Check if zmbv is installed, supposedly it is because virtualdub can play the files.

Thanks for the lead, i have concluded that the installation packet of
"Zipped.Motion.Block.Video.v0.1" was either out of date? or
it was in fact invalid installed for some time even though "codec sniper" suggested it was ok,
i solved the situation by downloading a new zmbv installer, not an exe this time, the "zip" containing a "inf" document and moving a "zmbv.dll" manualy to system32 folder, and now i have picture in Vegas all of a sudden

I suppose this last installation way is the package all @ this board here have installed? 🤣 and you would take for granted that all other have that version also when thei start asking questions, to my defence its pretty hard to find any codec sites offering the codec download, and then to know what is the latest version..

thanks alot

Reply 6 of 7, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

ZMBV was written by Harekiet, and it's quite easy to install it through the
programs menu entry of dosbox. Did that not work for some reason?

I didn't even know about that installation way 😅
i lack somewhat in the normal attention to exploring this types of things on my own, have never "seen" that menu before 🤑

thanks for pointing on it

Reply 7 of 7, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

ZMBV was written by Harekiet, and it's quite easy to install it through the
programs menu entry of dosbox. Did that not work for some reason?

Bump

I have windows 7 64-bit now, and Vegas 9e for 64-bit

The problem is no longer that the preview are blacked out, im just getting
the audio track on zip-motion-block ONLY when adding to Vegas time line

"ffdshow_rev3562_20100907" installed,
with settings that i think are involved..at least know that one of them are

And the zipped motion block codec itself
...this time i installed it from within the Dos box directory on the start menu

would anyone know if this codec is even supported by windows 7?
what can i else test?

(just keep having xvid or divx (i don't know the difference) + zmbv codec
i don't believe that will fix it...
it feels like i have tested it in the past + there are other formats that require to be loaded inside Vegas
i have to find something to work for everyone
..so not either just have zmbv codec on entire computer

Attachments

• Filename
    fanskap.jpg
    File size
    245.75 KiB
    Downloads
    138 downloads
    File comment
    åhå
    File license