VOGONS

How to install Windows 95 and Windows 98 on dosbox?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by MediaVistaIntel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello I have Windows 95 OSR 2.5 and Windows C is 98 and I'll not have to install dosbox so functional stable and it crashes at the second stage of installation to time of detection device that is after rebooting the first time. I said that I have seen on the internet via youtube video DOSBox "Next-Gen" showing on Windows 9x and even dosbox Windows 98 3dfx card with dosbox emulate.

If someone can not to assist because I can not find any tutorial to install Windows 9x stable so dosbox, if possible with a 3dfx card.

In advance thank you

Edit: I specify that I want to run on dosbox host bone pc Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit Service Pack 2 and Windows 7 64-bit home premium and have games that do not work under MS-DOS but Windows 9x and works very poorly on Windows XP and Vista Next, 7, and which requires direct3d or even 3dfx.
Sorry for my bad English I'm French that translates google

Last edited by MediaVistaIntel on 2010-08-16, 13:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yet there has Windows 98 on dosbox DOSBox "Next-Gen"

read more closely, H-a-l did NOT say that it is impossible... And I suggest you use the search, google or other methods to find your way...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DosBox dev\contributor VS Youtube video\Internet post

I know which one I'd trust more.

Use Virtual PC 2007 or Vmware Workstation\Player for Windows 9x NOT DOSbox

THREAD CLOSED

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline