VOGONS

Warcraft II Custom Map

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Hotdog24449

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😠 Hey its Hotdog24449 from youtube and i got a problem: ive just recieved a DOSbox version of warcraft II and its awsome! i tried the warcraft II map editor and made a cool map i wanted to test out BUT when i go to my custom scenario i cant find it and ive tried to put it in all folders (trust me i got it in ALL of them) and im starting to get REALLY angry over it so please someone tell me where to put it or what to do with it!!! does it need to be in another file than PUD like bsp like on hl2 or wtf idk just tell me and i will be very happy 😉

Reply 3 of 10, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

if you really were a nerd, you'd know how to ask questions on forums such as this.

Provide info on your computer, your graphics card, your OS, DOSBox version, contents of your config file, what exactly you did (including the exact commands you tried), etc. You get the idea.

tearex

Reply 6 of 10, by Hotdog24449

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😒 ok im not closing it but if someone would help me i would be more than happy to listen to REAL posts here 😁 oh and by the way this is some info i got about my problem: the way im mounting the warcraft II game is:

Attachments

• here_994.png
    Filename
    here_994.png
    File size
    3.67 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    this is how i mount warcraft II (the launch command is the warcraft II exe file to start)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 8 of 10, by TeaRex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Hotdog24449 wrote:

😒 ok im not closing it but if someone would help me i would be more than happy to listen to REAL posts here 😁 oh and by the way this is some info i got about my problem: the way im mounting the warcraft II game is:

You shouldn't mount the game folder directly. Most DOS games expect to "live" in a sub-folder of C:\ - not directly in C:\

Try this instead:

mount c c:\dosgames
c:
cd warcraftii
launch

tearex

Reply 10 of 10, by DOSBOXER101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is a few things I do when I can not find the map I wanted to play.
1. Make sure the file that is your map is actually a .pud file(literally, it happened once)
-All maps should be in the warcraftii folder
2. Make sure to mount correctly, not all at once.
mount c c:/dosgames
c:
CD warcraftii
WAR2
3. It should be in the custom maps area.
Hopes this helps.
DOSBOXXER101

DOSBOXER101