VOGONS

Gabriel knight 1

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by andreas_dohl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my mistake, the keyboard works just fine =)

Now i've changed the cpu synch from 1800 to 16600 (it should be a 166mhz processor), but now the music/sound are all messed up (hear the mp3, it's a rar archive;), any suggestions?

Attachments

• Filename
    problem.rar
    File size
    150.14 KiB
    Downloads
    282 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

I dreamt of blood upon the shore, of eyes that spoke of sin...

No, seriously.... I did 😉

Reply 21 of 27, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Read the readme better, if you set it too high you try to emulate a system that's too fast for your system to handle so the sound gets desynched 😀

Reply 22 of 27, by andreas_dohl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Weee, gabriel runs smooth now, now lagging in the sound or whatever!

I set the CPU cycles to 6440 and the mixer blocksize to 5048.

It was the blocksize thing that fixed the sound =)

I dreamt of blood upon the shore, of eyes that spoke of sin...

No, seriously.... I did 😉

Reply 23 of 27, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you're a bit short of CPU power (as I am as I've only got a P3 1Ghz), set DOSBox to frameskip of 1. Together with cycles set to 7722, I've got GK1 running very well with VESA mode )the DOS version with VESA has the same graphics quality as the Windows version, so you'll notice the inventory items a lot more!)

Thanks to the DOSBox team for their continued effort and the useful posts here!

Reply 24 of 27, by jonmacnl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just to say a big THANK YOU for this thread - using DosBox and following the reply from 'Dark Knight ez' and the game is working perfectly on my computer - I never threw the game out because I just knew that one day there would be a solution to play this game again. John, Netherlands

Reply 25 of 27, by engk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thnks for all the informative replies! I was able to get GKCD working in dosbox. I am still having problems getting the hires version to work. Dosbox just boots out without even displaying the sierra screen. VDMS gives a "Fatal: Error loading resource" message. Does anyone know what I'm not doing right? Thanks.