VOGONS

First post, by Crowley

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This only happens on a select few game maps for whatever reason. When a specific sound plays, the whole sound goes apeshit, playing loud beeps and static that frankly reminds me of a 56.6 kbit modem. One instance of this happening is when I destroy anything on the second level of Skynet's satellite. This only affects sound, the music keeps playing all right. So far this has occurred with the game sound set either for different models of SoundBlaster, or Gravis Ultrasound. I'm actually starting to wonder if I have a corrupt copy of the game... Also, this is on the CD version.

I've heard that the CPU cycles can cause something like this, but I'm getting the same problem at 2500 and 15000 cycles.

This is on DosBox 0.74, running under Windows XP SP3.

Further computer specs:
AMD Athlon 3,8 GHz processor
2 GB RAM
SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 (I've checked that I set that as the MIDI device DosBox uses)

edit: Well, another copy of the CD version does the exact same. Another thing I noticed was that the game does this specifically after you've been through a map transition during a mission, so it's not really dependent on what map you are on.