VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Mounting the disc image with IMGMOUNT in DOSBox 0.74, change to the \DKYDATA\ML\MA directory and do a DIR command. Do you see any of the files listed more than once (i.e. duplicates)? Maybe attach a screenshot of that DIR as well.

Reply 22 of 25, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

SVN has a fix for associated files that may help. You can get a Windows build of current source here:
http://www.emucr.com/2012/01/dosbox-svn-r3775.html

I guess not all releases have associated files... they are completely absent on my disc, but they're always a possibility with content originating from the Mac OS.

Reply 23 of 25, by phanboy_iv

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Did you create a disc image? If so, maybe you created it in a different format than me?

i.e. BIN/CUE versus .iso. I'm using the latter. That shouldn't matter but you never know.

EDIT:

And yep, that SVN version appears to have fixed it, the duplicate file listings are gone now and all the movies and sequences play as they should so far.

Thanks a *lot* for your help guys. 😀

Reply 24 of 25, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Image format won't change the contents of directories. How the disc was originally authored determines the presence or absence of associated files. The associated files are the resource forks from the Mac OS, and I've noticed that PC/Mac hybrid discs (intended to be used on both platforms) tend to have them.