VOGONS

First post, by Famicom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys.
There's a couple of issues regarding Tomb Raider running with GliDOS and DosBox (v0.73 -a special version for GliDOS-). I've asked the creator of GliDOS but he says those problems are most probably related to DosBox. Here they go:

- The sound is still a bit delayed, like in this video I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPXVNkucusY
It's almost unnoticeable until Lara starts shooting the bats and then keeps her guns at 0:46. I've seen other videos where such sound lag doesn't exist, so I don't know what to think.

- I'm using a joypad mapped with Xpadder. Everytime I run the game, the menu's rolling like crazy until I press all directions on the D-pad. Even then, it still rolls aleatory sometimes, and even Lara moves towards any direction for a sec -usually forward- right after loading a savegame.

Any help would be great. Thank you 😉

Reply 2 of 4, by Famicom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's supposed to be some kind of "special" or "modified" version of DosBox to work with GliDOS. I don't know whether you're responsible for that one, or the GliDOS creator is. All I know is that he's provided with this "special" version so that Win 7 users can still play Tomb Raider through GliDOS. As far as I know, by installing it, a DOSBox folder is created within the GliDOS folder. There's no config file or comments whatsoever (I don't think I quite understand what you mean by "configuration file comments"). Oh yes, there's a readme file (with no extension), containing this:

"This is a copy of DOSBox updated to work with Glidos. The changes are to allow
access to Windows named pipes from DOS programs, and to allow DOSBox to receive
key-press Windows messages when not the active window.

You are free to change copy and redistribute this software according to the
rights specified in COPYING-DOSBOX and COPYING-SDL. For details of obtaining
the source see SOURCE."