VOGONS

First post, by money123451

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i cant seem to get it to load do any of you know how to get that working i use dosbox 0.74 yes i can get quake to load but TF mod wont load at all (i use windows vista x84 4 gig ram 1.8 ghz amd turion64x2 cpu) hears the download for TF mod for quake http://download.fileplanet.com/ftp2/planetqua … ss/tf28inst.exe you need quake to get it to run.

Reply 2 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In the upper-right corner of your post you will see two buttons. The one in the middle [between the "x" and the "] will let you edit your existing post, so you do not need to add an extra post to your thread if you notice you've made a mistake right after finishing your post.

Anyway, "cant seem to get it to load" is not helpful. What exactly are you typing in DOSBox? Are you getting any kind of error message? Did you follow the 60 Seconds Guide?

Reply 3 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I guess you're attempting to play it through single player, as you can't really play with the current present day Quake TF community as they use special Quakeworld servers that require better, bugfixed Quakeworld clients not available for DOS (no, that wattcp stack port probably wouldn't work)

Extract tf28.zip manually to a folder called fortress/ in your Quake folder

Run DOSBox and go to your quake folder in there

quake -game fortress

you should see the intro sequence.

If you SERIOUSLY want to play it online, just grab the latest Darkplaces, extract that into your Quake folder, and find a quakeworld "fortress" server. It'll autodownload the rest 😁

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 4, by money123451

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes that was it i only want to run a LAN server at work and play when the supervisor is not looking he only has it so we can work with each other but no internet. so that's perfect. i have fixed dosbox to use a modded LAN i connected each of them to it then played quake but that got old fast. well its quake after a few hours it gets old killing your friends over and over because they never played quake before but each of them have played TF2 before so they might have a small chance to kill me this time.