VOGONS

First post, by MammuT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there.

I have a problem with the sound effects in Colonization. The game and music works fine, but the sound effects just makes a lot of noice. I have tryes all the sound cards in the installation, but without luck.

Anybody got a solution or an explanation to this?

/MammuT

Reply 2 of 5, by angryFlo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HI,

i have an Problem like this.
My Music stuck and is not playing correctly.
The Soundeffects doesn´t work. Everytime a Sound is playing, it makes only some noises like *qisdkgfsg* 😉

I´ve tried all settings with sound and music(adlib,sblaster,....). There ist no setting which works better...
Can someone help ?

CPU Core normal/dynamic/full has no effect

Even when the music stucks the games stucks too.
When i tried the option "nosound=true" the game stucks again...
Is there anything i can do ?

I´m using:
Dosbox Version 0.61
Windows 98SE
AMD 2700+
512 MB Ram
Motherboard: Epox 8KHA+

Reply 3 of 5, by arrow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm afraid I can offer little help besides suggesting that you try Colonization for Windows -using an app like Turbo it runs quite smoothly on my pc (intel 2.5, 512 Ram, win XP pro).

Essentially it's the same game with a slightly updated interface for windows -relatively bug-free as well.

I know it's quite strange suggesting a win game in a forum for Dos afficionados, and I hope I haven't broken any rules here...

Reply 4 of 5, by angryFlo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
thanks for answer.
I´m using the Dos Version, because it is in German. (Í´m from Germany)
It is more fun to play a game in your motherlanguage.

I think there exsists no transalation in german for the Windows version or isn´t it?

Reply 5 of 5, by arrow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As far as I know, the only language supported in the windows version of Colonization is English.

The reason I suggested Colonization for windows is because it's virtually identical to the dos version and it runs on newer machines.

Point taken about playing a game in one's mother tongue, though 😉