VOGONS

First post, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have purchased a new mothercard and reinstalled windows 7, something in that process have made my old Dosbox 0.74 to decrease the graphic/resolution?? on my only test game NHL 96, this Dosbox folder i have always reused upon new windows installation by just creating a shortcut to it.

So i was hoping that you with this screenshot could confirm if this are exclusions not related to the problem

*A catalyst settings problem? (can it really reach within dosbox?)

*A NHL 96 Problem?, i have not reinstalled NHL 96 within dosbox after new windows installation, but i dont recall that i did that last time either, all ingame settings are preserved!, setted to High Res

*Dosbox conf settings problem? (i haven't changed anything there since it looked as it should ingame, see my attachment)

ASUS M5A78L
AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3 GHz
3DNow! MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3
8GB System RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Attachments

• Filename
    Fisk.jpg
    File size
    679.35 KiB
    Downloads
    18 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 6, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
robertmo wrote:

Don't really know what are you asking about.
the only difference I see on "before" and "now" pictures is that players shadows look differently.

Im asking for suggestion from what (settings) the decrease may come from that i experience in the gameplay after i reinstalled Win7.
I said i fixed it, but the decrease have returned now, i feel so disturbed that i cant continue my season when it looks like this

Now (decrease) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5XauvkE0Lc

I want you to please compare this two videos, do you see anything further?.

Before (3 thumbs down from penguins fans) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzVOWzni37I

Hm..could it be the shadow deep, what controls those settings? further
than the NHL 96 option " player shadows" that still is setted to "All"

To me it feels like some kind of AA and filter have gone missing also.

Reply 5 of 6, by Kloppstock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

AMD profile manager only applies profiles to specific EXE checksums and paths iirc. Make a new profile?

Im not sure i follow you, are you saying that the right way is to add dosbox.exe and the apply settings to it, that's how i have my current setting already, you
suggest me delete it and renew it in case the profile is corrupted?.