VOGONS

First post, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know that some games have problems with installation crashes which make it impossible to play the game, but I have managed to bypass some installation crashes by manually installing and editing cfg files. Does anyone know of a way to do this with Dragonsphere? If anyone has the game installed properly (from an old computer or anything) can they take a look and see if there is a way to bypass the install? I know a lot of people would love to get this game working.

Reply 1 of 7, by Fizzban

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The installation works fine for me (although it does not recognize the soundblaster).

However, you will not get past the title screen because of unimplemented FPU instructions and/or multiplexer functions. Or maybe EMS problems.

Reply 2 of 7, by Fizzban

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I fixed the bugs that were causing problems. The game now runs smoothly with sounds and music in the CVS version (not 0.61!).

Before you start the game the first time, open dragon.res with a text editor and replace all occurences of -o:1 and -o:2 by -o:0. This will disable fade-ins. Otherwise, the game will hang at some points because of a problematic fading function.

Reply 3 of 7, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmmm. I picked u[p 0.61 yesterday and after fiddling around more an hour or so got it working. I haven't played enough of it to know if the fading is a problem so I will try to keep this in mind, but at least it is running now!

Thanks.

Reply 4 of 7, by Fizzban

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You should encounter problems when viewing the intro. However, I found out what was causing the problem:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func … 551&atid=467234

With that bugfix, there is no need to edit the dragon.res.

Reply 5 of 7, by Loki-Jormunr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i am very sorry to ask but what am i to do with this , uhm, text file thingie? 😅

**For æser Odin,for alvar Dåin,
Dvalin for dvergar.Allsvinn dei
for jotnar skar,eg riste sjølv sume**

thp01.gif secret_of_monkey_island_2_2.jpg
Lokasenna

Reply 6 of 7, by Loki-Jormunr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Fizzban wrote:

I fixed the bugs that were causing problems. The game now runs smoothly with sounds and music in the CVS version (not 0.61!).

Before you start the game the first time, open dragon.res with a text editor and replace all occurences of -o:1 and -o:2 by -o:0. This will disable fade-ins. Otherwise, the game will hang at some points because of a problematic fading function.

im sorry man, i hear everywhere that "with cvs version" dos games seem to run.... but i don't know where to download this CVS shtuff or how to use it when i get it.... and i googled it for hours not finding an explanation. it's ok for every1 to assume every1 knows it all , but hey i definitely don't..

so where can i find sumthing that puts this plainly ?

**For æser Odin,for alvar Dåin,
Dvalin for dvergar.Allsvinn dei
for jotnar skar,eg riste sjølv sume**

thp01.gif secret_of_monkey_island_2_2.jpg
Lokasenna

Reply 7 of 7, by Staticburn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i used the cvs version of dosbox and it worked better than ver .61 for dragonsphere but the only differnce is that when i tried installing dragonsphere
instead of showing all the drive letters which i hadn't mounted(with empty space) it just simply told me there was no space on my hard disk 😖 someone help