VOGONS

First post, by Mav3481

User metadata

Help! I get to a point in the install of Krush Kill N Destroy (KKND) and then...

"Do you wish to use UniVBE(tm) as your Vesa Driver?"

"This will enhance game performance. If you experience any difficulty please run the install program again and choose No.
Press [Y]es or [N]o"

This is where it freezes and wont let me press Y or N or anything else.

System:
Win XP Pro
AMD 2600+
728 ram
plenty of HD

Tried compatibility mode and DosBox and it does the same thing. Can anyone recommend something for me to do?

Graeme

Reply 1 of 4, by The_venom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,

this worked for me when i tried to install KK'n'D: make an .iso image off the CD and put this too your vrtual cd/dvd-drive, when u now drag the cd/dvd-drive-icon (from "my comp") onto the DosBox.exe. know it will start DosBox and mount the image troughout your Virtual CD/DVD-Drive and the keyboard-isseu is fixxed

however u can now enter Y or N for the driver-question it will crash with the message "no cd detected" and there is nothing i know off to solve that problem but i did post it.
( Dos version of KK'n'D on winXP PRO? )

I hope i was to any of your help

greetings Venom

Reply 2 of 4, by OSH

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi!
I've heard, there is a patch for this game, he fixes graphic problems on S3 based GFX cards (screen flickering). I've googled, and I've found two sites with this patch. First is closed, on second I have to pay for downloading. Can somebody send me this patch or an info, where I can download this patch?

EDIT:
I know, why I've got screen flickering. I've added too much graphics memory to S3...maximal allowed amount is 2048 KB...more memory causes screen flickering.

Reply 3 of 4, by TLS_Vigra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all.

I found my cds for KKND 2 Crossfire, installed, but haven't tested because I know that there's a patch. I goggled it, and all sorts of sites have it. But its hard to get. I've only found one site(actiontrip) which might actually work... The other sites are either too old and all of the downloads are gone, or you have to pay to get the patch.

That's laughable.

Why is it so hard to find this KKND 2 patch ffs!

...Bloody heck

http://nahoo.net/downloads/go/kknd2.shtml?gam … d2/kknd2eng.zip
(have to click on 'Please click here to attempt downloading now and click here if you have donated giving you full...')

...Installed patch, doesn't work. Just crashes under any compatibility mode. But my computer is strange, so give it a shot if ye wish.

Reply 4 of 4, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't help you with this game, it's not in my library, but next time you look for an oldgame patch try The Patches Scrolls at http://www.patches-scrolls.de/

They carrry patches for almost every game you've heard of.